At Corpus Christi we strongly value the place of PE in the curriculum. We recognise its intrinsic importance to the physical and emotional development of children. In addition to the obvious physical health benefits provided by regular exercise, the pupils learn important lessons about choosing healthy lifestyles.
Regular activity also contributes to higher levels of concentration, focus and motivation. These academic benefits are enhanced through improved social interaction, cooperation and a positive sense of identity. Pupils develop team skills and leadership qualities, building the confidence and energy to succeed in all areas of their life.
We use our funding to provide a range of opportunities, including part funding of our additional PE teacher who delivers high quality PE lessons, supports other staff and facilitates a range of out of hours opportunities. We access a range of programmes including Change for Life, and we attend regular competitions through engagement with the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust (NPCAT) Sports Programme. For regular updates, you can follow them on Twitter by clicking here.
- Funding 2019-20.pdf pdf925.0 KbJan 26th, 2021
- PE and Sport Premium Plan 2020-21 documentNov 11th, 2020
- PE Kit Letter to Parents & Carers.pdf pdf96.0 KbNov 10th, 2020
- PE Scheme of Work 2020-21.pdf pdf78.0 KbNov 7th, 2020
- PE Timetable 2020-21.pdf pdf76.6 KbNov 7th, 2020
- PE and Sport Premium Plan 2020-21 pdf213.5 KbOct 15th, 2020