At Corpus Christi we strongly value the place of PE in the curriculum. We recognise its intrinsic importance to the physical and emotional development of children. In addition to the obvious physical health benefits provided by regular exercise, the pupils learn important lessons about choosing healthy lifestyles.
Regular activity also contributes to higher levels of concentration, focus and motivation. These academic benefits are enhanced through improved social interaction, cooperation and a positive sense of identity. Pupils develop team skills and leadership qualities, building the confidence and energy to succeed in all areas of their life.
We use our funding to provide a range of opportunities, including part funding of our additional PE teacher who delivers high quality PE lessons, supports other staff and facilitates a range of out of hours opportunities. We access a range of programmes including Change for Life, and we attend regular competitions through engagement with the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust (NPCAT) Sports Programme. For regular updates, you can follow them on Twitter by clicking here.
- PE and Sport Premium Plan 2020-21 pdf140.0 KbNov 5th, 2021
- PE and Sport Premium Plan 2021-2022 pdf213.7 KbNov 5th, 2021
- Timetable.pdf pdf76.0 KbNov 4th, 2021
- Scheme of Work 2021-22.pdf pdf98.8 KbNov 4th, 2021
- Funding 2019-20 pdf973.5 KbNov 1st, 2021
- Lollipops Leaflet docx1.6 MbNov 1st, 2021
- PE Kit Letter to Parents & Carers documentSep 1st, 2021
- PE Kit Letter to Parents & Carers.pdf pdf96.0 KbNov 10th, 2020